This module is designed to train persons who are responsible for undertaking Controller of Site Safety – Overhead Line Permit training as part of their duties on Network Rail Infrastructure. It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills and is therefore particularly suited to persons required to prove their competence in these areas.
Key Aims & Objectives
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake Controller of Site Safety – Overhead Line Permit duties in line with with the Controller of Site Safety – Overhead Line Permit unit of competence.
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Demonstrate their ability to interpret correctly relevant parts of the Rule Book, and Network Rail Specification NR/L2/CTM/021 when acting as COSS OLP.
- Demonstrate their understanding and ability to set up a Safe System of Work before they or
any group of staff is allowed to go ‘On or Near the Line’.
- Deliver a safety briefing, with the opportunity to demonstrate and practice during the course.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
Delegates must meet the following requirements in order to book onto this course:
- Minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS, IWA or COSS.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness Level 1.
- Must have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Must meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).