This module is designed to train persons who are responsible for undertaking Posession Support training as part of their duties on Network Rail Infrastructure.
It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills and is therefore particularly suited to persons required to prove their competence in these areas.
Key Aims & Objectives
The aim of the course is to provide delegates with the skills and underpinning knowledge required to undertake Possession Support duties in line with the Possession Support unit of competence.
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Identify the tasks required to be undertaken by Possession Support
- Carry out the duties of the Possession Support competence requirements as specified in the unit of competence for Possession Support.
- Demonstrate the appropriate behaviours required when conducting Possession Support duties safely and effectively.
- Communicate with key personnel in conjunction with the role of Possession Support, using the correct protocols and variety of communication equipment.
- Demonstrate the procedures to be carried out for the safe placing and removal of possession protection.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
Delegates must meet the following requirements in order to book onto this course:
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS, IWA or COSS.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness Level 1.
- Must have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Must meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).