This course is designed to train persons who are responsible for undertaking this course as part of their duties on Network Rail Infrastructure. It is designed to develop a person’s knowledge, understanding and skills and is therefore particularly suited to persons required to prove their capability in these areas.
Key Aims & Objectives
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the underpinning knowledge and skills to complete Safe Systems of Work plans for staff required to work on the Network Rail Controlled Infrastructure.
At the end of the training the delegate will be able to:
- Understand the process for planning Safe Systems of Work in accordance with
NR/L2/OHS/019, Safety of People Working On or Near the Line.
- Access and extract information from various sources and using that information in the production of Safe System of Work Plans for use by staff required to work safely on the Network Rail Managed Infrastructure.
- Have a basic understanding of key Rail Rule Book modules and Handbooks associated with
planning and implementing Safe Systems of Work.
Pre-requisites & Requirements
Delegates must meet the following requirements in order to book onto this course:
- Must be a minimum age of 18.
- Must hold a valid Sentinel Track Safety Card endorsed with PTS, IWA or COSS.
- Must meet the medical requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L2/OHS/00124 Medical Fitness Level 1.
- Must have a good level of literacy to meet Entry Qualifications.
- Must meet the requirements of Network Rail Standard NR/L1/OHS/051 (Drugs & Alcohol).